Today’s D-LMA is a forum for local businesses to meet and exchange ideas. Our membership roster reflects the diverse workforce in Lower Manhattan and includes voices from major corporations, taste making creative and media companies, influential consulting and law firms, independent businesses, retailers and real estate developers, as well as thought leaders from educational, religious and community organizations. As the D-LMA grows, so does our capacity and impact on Lower Manhattan.
Throughout the year, the D-LMA sponsors intimate events to connect our members with government & public policy officials who are involved in projects or issues of importance to Lower Manhattan. These meetings are purposefully limited to ensure each member is allowed maximum access to our featured guests and speakers.
Recent speakers include:
- United States Senator Charles Schumer
- United States Congressman Jerrold Nadler
- Deputy Mayor Maria Torres-Springer
- NY Attorney General Letitia James
- Janno Lieber, Chair and CEO of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Former Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg
- Former NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea